eStruxture has announced that it will acquire Aptum's Canadian colocation business. With the addition of the new facilities (five in Toronto, two in Montreal and one in Vancouver), eStruxture will operate a total of 14 facilities across Canada, increasing its total footprint to over 600,000 s...
London is the largest data centre market in Europe, and a top 5 in the world. The London Data Centre market is broken down into several regions.
- London Docklands: The Docklands is where networks meet to peer and interconnect.
- London Slough: The financial trading ecosystem thrives in Slough. The Equinix Slough campus is the heart of the FX trading ecosystem
Primary London Colocation Providers
- Digital Realty has 11 sites in London
- Equinix has 8 data centres including their growing Slough Campus (LD3, LD4, LD6, LD10)
- Telehouse - Several Docklands options
Global Switch - Also in the Docklands
Virtus - A fast-growing provider with 4 sites in the region
Top UK Data Centres for Carrier Density
Data centres with good network connectivity are plentiful in London. There are many carrier hotels, including:
- Telehouse Docklands North, East, and West
- Equinix LD8 (Docklands)
- Digital Realty - Sovereign House
- Equinix Slough (LD3, LD4)
- Interxion LON1, LON2, LON3
- Digital Realty - Meridian Gate