Digital Realty (DLR) has announced it will relocate its corporate headquarters to Austin, Texas from San Francisco, California. DLR will maintain a presence in the San Francisco Bay Area as one of the world's leading technology hubs.Digital Realty already operates a significant data center foo...
London is the largest data centre market in Europe, and a top 5 in the world. The London Data Centre market is broken down into several regions.
- London Docklands: The Docklands is where networks meet to peer and interconnect.
- London Slough: The financial trading ecosystem thrives in Slough. The Equinix Slough campus is the heart of the FX trading ecosystem
Primary London Colocation Providers
- Digital Realty has 11 sites in London
- Equinix has 8 data centres including their growing Slough Campus (LD3, LD4, LD6, LD10)
- Telehouse - Several Docklands options
Global Switch - Also in the Docklands
Virtus - A fast-growing provider with 4 sites in the region
Top UK Data Centres for Carrier Density
Data centres with good network connectivity are plentiful in London. There are many carrier hotels, including:
- Telehouse Docklands North, East, and West
- Equinix LD8 (Docklands)
- Digital Realty - Sovereign House
- Equinix Slough (LD3, LD4)
- Interxion LON1, LON2, LON3
- Digital Realty - Meridian Gate