Google has announced a significant slow down in new staff hires. Bloomberg published an email from CEO Sundar Pichai which details its plan to recalibrate hiring because of the economic slowdown. In 2019, Google hired 20,000 people and had planned to hire an additional 20,000 employees. The co...
Kansas City Overview
Kansas City Metro has a population of 2.3 million and has a low-risk profile. Additionally KC has low-cost power, moderate connectivity and construction costs.
Kansas City Wholesale and Retail Colocation Options:
The data center market primarily has retail colocation sector with a few wholesale colocation providers
- Netrality – owns the primary telecom hotel at 1102 Grand and offers retail colo space
- TierPoint – operates two facilities totaling over 85,000 SF in suburban Kansas City
- QTS – only operates small datacenters in KC
- DataBank – has two sites totaling 20,000 SF of raised floor
- LightEdge Solutions – operates a 60,000 SF data center in Hunt Midwest’s SubTropolis underground site.
- Cavern Technologies – its 200,000 SF underground facility in Lenexa can provide up to 50 MW.
- Iron Mountain – operates a 22-acre campus with its carrier-neutral underground colocation site
Hazardous Risk Profile
Missouri is a low-risk state for acts of terrorism, hurricanes and earthquakes, having experienced no major disasters since record keeping began in 1957 (FEMA).