Equinix has completed it's acquisition of 13 Bell Canada's data centers. The acquisition was first announced in June 2020. Bell had operated the facilities under the Q9 brand. It partially acquired Q9 in 2012 for $1.1 billion and in 2016 it acquired the remainder for $675 million. This deal ...
Metro: Ashburn: Data Center Alley
Metro: Northern Virginia
Country: United States
Region: North America
Gross SqFt: 57,803
Ownership: Equinix owns the building.
Equinix's DC12 site is logically part of Equinix Ashburn Campus but the building is physically separate and 0.6 miles away.
The $98.5 million building is 183,000 sqft. At full buildout, there will be 114,500 sqft of data center space.
Power and Cooling:
The cooling system was through exterior IDEC units located in a 34,000 sqft 2-level yard with the equipment situated both at grade and atop an elevated mechanical platform to provide direct air cooling into the Data Hall.
- Average Power and Cooling Density: 5.0 - 7.0 kVA per cabinet
- UPS Configuration: Block redundant
- UPS Redundancy N+1
- Standby Power Configuration: 4 x 3,000 kW diesel generators
- Standby Power Redundancy N+1
- Cooling Configuration: High-efficiency indirect evaporative cooling (IDEC) units with indirect airside economizers
- Cooling Redundancy: N+1