Leesburg's Loudoun County Council unanimously approved data center design criteria. Unlike Ashburn, Virginia's Leesburg has no data centers; however, this may change. Three rezoning petitions may allow data center development in town. One is in the Oaklawn neighborhood, one close to the former...
Metro: Northern Virginia
Country: United States
Region: North America
Total Building SqFt: 233,000
Gross SqFt: 100,000
Total Power: ??? NN
Ownership: CloudHQ owns the building.
- Built in 2010, The site was previously known as Power Loft I @ Innovation.
- COPT acquired the facility in in 2010 for $115 million
- CloudHQ acquired the building in 2022 for $222.5 million
- 100,000 SF raised floor data area, divisible in bays of 6,250 SF
- Unique 2-story design provides flexibility to various densities from 100 to 300 watts/SF
- ATFP compliant with 150’ security setback, earthen berm, steel fencing, CCTV, 24/7 guarded access
- Dedicated 50 MW NOVEC feeder to the building
- Modular container-ready pads available
- LEED NC Gold Certified – estimated 35% savings in operating costs over most data centers
- Robust fiber and connectivity infrastructure
- Prince William County equipment taxes are 70% lower than those of Loudon and Fairfax Counties, resulting in an estimated savings of $50,000 for every million dollars in equipment purchases over 5 years
- NOVEC committed to providing 50 MW power via a dedicated 34.5 KV connection. In addition to insulating COPT DC-6 from variations in power quality resulting from a shared distribution loop, NOVEC oversized the concrete conduits serving COPT DC-6’s site to accommodate another 50 MW of expansion capacity.