Digital Realty Trust has closed its acquisition of Interxion. Interxion was one of the largest independent colocation providers in Europe. It was a smart pick up by Digital. The Interxion portfolio includes many densely interconnected buildings which will include Frankfurt, Madrid, Vienna, Ams...
Amsterdam is one of the largest world’s largest data center markets and part of the FLAP data center market (Frankfurt, London, Amsterdam, Paris). An open business environment coupled with excellent network connectivity have fueled an acceleration of data center deployments in Amsterdam.
The Netherlands has benefited from the presence of AMS-IX (Amsterdam Internet Exchange), one of the world’s largest Internet Exchanges (IXP), and the landing of 11 transatlantic subsea cables.
Top Amsterdam Data Center Providers
- Interxion has 6+ data center sites
- Equinix has 6 sites
- Digital Realty has 3 sites
- Global Switch has a massive data center in the western part of the city
- Switch Datacenters has 2 sites
Amsterdam Colocation Facilities with the Best Network Connectivity
Similar to London, the success of the incumbent Internet Exchange, AMS-IX, has given the ability for networks to choose where to colocate. As a result, there are more than a handful of Telecom Hotels in Amsterdam.
- Equinix AM7, AM1/AM2
- NIKHEF - located at 105 Science Park
- Interxion Science Park (former Vancis) - 121 Science Park
- Equinix AM5 (former Telecity AMS5)
- Iron Mountain (former EvoSwitch AMS1)
- Global Switch
- Digital Realty’s Amsterdam Data Tower at 120 Science Park (former Telecity AMS1)
- Equinix AM3/AM4 at 610 Science Park
Other Notable Colo Providers:
- Serverius offers colocation 60 minutes East of Amsterdam
- Leaseweb and PhoenixNAP are located within Iron Mountain Amsterdam
- Singlehop is located within Interxion Schiphol