Steve Smith, who left Equinix in 2018, will join Zayo as CEO. Dan Caruso, who has lead Zayo since its founding in 2007 will remain on Zayo's board. Zayo Press Release on Oct 22nd: BOULDER, Colo--Zayo Group Holdings, Inc., the global leader in Communications Infrastructure, announced today ...
Amsterdam is one of the largest world’s largest data center markets and part of the FLAP data center market (Frankfurt, London, Amsterdam, Paris). An open business environment coupled with excellent network connectivity have fueled an acceleration of data center deployments in Amsterdam.
The Netherlands has benefited from the presence of AMS-IX (Amsterdam Internet Exchange), one of the world’s largest Internet Exchanges (IXP), and the landing of 11 transatlantic subsea cables.
Top Amsterdam Data Center Providers
- Interxion has 6+ data center sites
- Equinix has 6 sites
- Digital Realty has 3 sites
- Global Switch has a massive data center in the western part of the city
- Switch Datacenters has 2 sites
Amsterdam Colocation Facilities with the Best Network Connectivity
Similar to London, the success of the incumbent Internet Exchange, AMS-IX, has given the ability for networks to choose where to colocate. As a result, there are more than a handful of Telecom Hotels in Amsterdam.
- Equinix AM7, AM1/AM2
- NIKHEF - located at 105 Science Park
- Interxion Science Park (former Vancis) - 121 Science Park
- Equinix AM5 (former Telecity AMS5)
- Iron Mountain (former EvoSwitch AMS1)
- Global Switch
- Digital Realty’s Amsterdam Data Tower at 120 Science Park (former Telecity AMS1)
- Equinix AM3/AM4 at 610 Science Park
Other Notable Colo Providers:
- Serverius offers colocation 60 minutes East of Amsterdam
- Leaseweb and PhoenixNAP are located within Iron Mountain Amsterdam
- Singlehop is located within Interxion Schiphol