Site: Cisco Richardson TXDC1
Company: Cisco Systems
Country: United States
Region: North America
Short Code: Either TXDC1 or RCDN9
2300 E President George Bush Hwy, Richardson, TX 75082Total Building SqFt: 285,000
Usable SqFt: 30,000
Total Power: ??? NN
Interested in this information? Contact usMegawatts
Cisco spent $80 million to retool an unused office building on its Richardson campus as a Tier III data center (with Tier IV power infrastructure) to support the consolidation of its global network.
The data center uses the first two floors of the four-story, 285,000 square foot building.
- Two 10-megawatt power feeds.
- A "building-in-a-building" design that features a buffer hallways between the exterior windows and the four data halls.
- Six 2.5 megawatt diesel generators, supported by four 1,200 gallon storage tanks.
- A 25,000 gallon thermal storage tank that can store up to 5 hours of water supply for the facility in the event of a water system failure
- A total of 30,000 square feet of data hall space.
- A cooling system emloying a raised floor with perforated tiles in front of cabinets, and chimneys on top of each cabinets for complete hot air containment. The chimneys vent to a drop-ceiling plenum, which returns the waste heat to dozens of 30-ton air handlers.
- Equipment galleries between the data halls that house Liebert air handlers.
- On the second-floor, more than 1,900 UPS batteries provide backup power.