Country: United States
Region: North America
Short Code: DA1, DA2, DA3, DA6
Address: 1950 North Stemmons Freeway, Dallas, TX 75207
Total Building SqFt: 1,583,309
Gross SqFt: 500,000
Total Power: 60.0 Megawatts
Ownership: Equinix owns the building.
The Dallas Infomart is a 1.5 million square foot (147,000 sqm) building whose design was modled after the The Crystal Palace in Hyde Park.
The Infomart is the center of network Interconnection in Dallas. In fact, the Infomart is the nexus of the Interconnection marketplace for the entire South Central United States. Digital Realty's 2323 Bryant Street building is the only other site in Dallas that has reasonable network density.
- Infomart Meet-Me-Room is on the 4th floor
- Open-access parking or dedicated parking is available
Infomart Dallas Tenants and Colocation Providers
|Floor / Suite||Tenant|
|Suite 1034||Equinix DA1|
|Suite 1039A & 2048||Equinix DA3 (was Switch & Data)|
|Suite 1039A||InfoRelay DFW1|
|Suite 1039E||Zayo (zColo)|
|Suite 1032 & 2010||Cologix DA1 & DAL2|
|Suite 2027||Equinix DA2|
|Suite 2033||Flexential DAL01|
|Suite 2049 & 3050||Equinix DA6|
|3rd Floor||XO Communications|
|Suite 4006||Zayo (was CoreXchange)|
Breakdown of Equinix's Suites at the Infomart
It appears that Equinix operates many 'data centers' in the Infomart. Equinix's website lists DA1, DA2, DA3, and DA6.
In reality, they are different suites in the same building. DA1 was Equinix's original suite and part of the company's launch into six markets in 1999. DA3 was acquired in 2010 from Switch and Data. DA2 and DA4 were organic expansions before Equinix acquired the Infomart building in 2018.
|Site||Suite||Gross SqFt||Usable SqFt||Power MW||Notes|
|Equinix DA1||Suite 1034||61,573||30,355||1.7||Launched in 1999|
|Equinix DA2||Suite 2027||24,542|
|Equinix DA3||Suites 1039A, 2048||17,329||12,976||1.6||was Switch & Data's suite|
|Equinix DA6||Suite 2049 & 3050||82,985||53,600|
Dallas Infomart History:
- 1985: Constructed by Trammell Crow to serve IT companies
- 2006: DCI Technology Holdings purchased the building for $100 million through foreclosure
- 2014: ASB Real Estate Fund (a subsidiary of DCI) merged with Fortune Data Centers. The combined company was renamed to Infomart Data Centers.
- 2018: Equinix acquired the building from Infomart Data Centers for $800 Million.