The number of companies looking to acquire Global Switch is increasing by the day as PAG has joined the long list of potential suitors. Global Switch is a London-based data center company founded in 1998 with 13 facilities across Asia, Europe, and Australia. Jiangsu Shagang, a Chinese steel co...
Company: Global Switch
Region: Western Europe
Total Power: ??? NN
Ownership: Global Switch owns the building.
Global Switch Madrid is located close to the financial district and city centre. Importantly, it is to be found in ‘Silicon Alley Madrid’, an area known for its high concentration of internet and technology companies and which has the highest per capita connectivity in Spain, with a large number of fibre optic networks available.
- Exceeds Tier III operational performance
- 21,922 sq m of gross space
- 3 data floors
- Flexible IT space with the ability to create bespoke environments as required
- Reinforced concrete frame with reinforced concrete floors, metal faced cladding and glazing
- 3.7m slab to slab height
- Raised floor height of 800mm
- Minimum from raised floor: typical 3m clear height to underside of deepest beam
- Floor loading of 9kN/m2 for technical areas.
- 1 goods lift (2.5 tonnes), 1 passenger lift
- 15kV utility supply with N+N redundancy
- Utility power supply capacity of 18MVA (current)
- Technical (IT) power supplied by on-site 2N static UPSMechanical systems backed up by standby generator system with N+1 redundancy
- Fully diverse power distribution to technical areas
- On-site fuel storage to support 24 hours at full capacity with 24x7x365 fuel delivery
- Offering 1,000 W/m2 as standard, with higher power density solutions fully supported