Equinix has completed it's acquisition of 13 Bell Canada's data centers. The acquisition was first announced in June 2020. Bell had operated the facilities under the Q9 brand. It partially acquired Q9 in 2012 for $1.1 billion and in 2016 it acquired the remainder for $675 million. This deal ...
Region: North America
Short Code: TR2
Total Power: 10.0 Megawatts
- TR2 is also known as Parliament Street Data Centre
- TR2 has metro connections to TR1, which is home to one of Canada's largest financial trading ecosystems.
- Equinix's TR2 facility will have 106,500 square feet (9,984 square meters) of colocation space, and the multi-phase build will provide customers with room to expand for years to come.
Networks and Interconnection
Equinix treats TR1 and TR2 as a logical campus. Connections ordered from TR2 to TR1 will be treated as a standard Cross Connect
- TR2 hosts Internet Exchange, Ethernet Exchange and Equinix Cloud Exchange™ connectivity to TR1.
The visually appealing exterior walls were designed to evoke the look of the punch cards that were used to store and transfer data in the early days of computing. It is made of contrasting terra cotta and black material.
- The exterior is made of porcelain panels reminiscent of punch cards.
- Type 4-story, concrete structure with a concrete floor
- Parking Street parking (for fee)
- Floor Type Slab Floor Load Capacity 200 psf (9.58 kN/m2)
- Flood Plain Info Zone A
- Seismic Design Category C