CyrusOne has announced that it is expanding its data center footprint with the purchase of land in Hanau, East of Frankfurt. The company's plans outline that the facility will have an incoming power of 90MW and a critical power capacity of 63MW, once complete, spanning 18,000 sqm.According to...
Metro: Chicago: Suburban
Country: United States
Region: North America
Total Power: 57.0 Megawatts
Ownership: CyrusOne owns the building.
In 2016, CyrusOne acquired the CME data center for $130 million. CME hosts its electronic trading platform CME Globex on site. Globex will continue to be hosted on site as part of the 15-year lease agreement between CyrusOne and CME. CME will have 72,000 square feet of data center space.
In Dec 2016 CyrusOne began constructing a 2nd datacenter on a 16 acre adjacent lot. The original CME Globex data center was 428,000sqft and commenced in 2009
- Expandable power up to 184MW (92MW @ 2N) with wholly-owned substation
• Siemens Switchgear from 13.8kv Substation #5
• 2 – 4000 amp breakers (A & B) feeds UPS 4A & 4B
• Annual Infrared / thermographic inspection of electrical equipment to detect hot-spots
• 30 ton Stulz CRAC’s for cooling
• Separate power generation plants deliver two-138,000 volt transmission quality utility services
• 4-A side transformers, 4-B side transformers
• Emergency generators provide 54-hour run time without refueling
• 22 Cummins total generators for a total of 57MW
- (8) Eight 540 ton chillers (4 compressors each), 8 primary pumps, 5 secondary pumps
- Free cooling below 30F. Variable Frequency Drives (VFD’s) throughout
- Color-coded to align with Power Rooms
- Cooling towers use evaporative condensing chillers utilize highly efficient oil-free centrifugal compressors
- CRAH units with energy efficient fans