eStruxture has revealed its plans for a new data center facility in Calgary, Canada. The facility will be called CAL-2, and it will be located in Balzac, north of Alberta city. The facility will have 93,000 square feet of space with 30MW of capacity. eStruxture will also build the facility to ...
Province: Quebec Province
Region: North America
Power Cost: 4.2 cents per kWh
Gross SqFt: 25,000
Total Power: 5.5 Megawatts
Netelligent Hosting Services originally built the site in 2013 with an initial 12,000 sqft. In 2015 the site expanded by an additional 10,000 sqft for a total of 22,000sqft. eStruxture acquired Netelligent in 2017. (Source: PR
- CLLI Code: MTRLPQ
- NPA-NXX: 888-369
- Networks: Rogers, Cogent, Bell, Videotron, Allstream, SRDP, FibreNoire, MetroOptic, Cogeco, IX Reach
- Providers available via dark fibre extensions: Level3, Tiscali, TATA, Cogent, Hybernia Atlantic, nLayer, GT-T, HE, Rogers, Telus
- 3-phase utility power is provided via Hydro-Quebec
- Liebert/Emerson digital battery system
- Standard N+1 UPS solution
- Possible 2N solution by special requests
- 2MW dedicated generator
- On-site diesel storage
- In-suite distribution
- Overhead Liebert/Emerson busways.
- Add and upgrade circuits within minutes.
- 110V and 220V power feeds available.
- Advanced surge protection devices (TSS).
- N+1 Redundant Chillers
- Over 300gpm feeding Liebert XDP units
- 300 tons of cooling capacity
- In-suite Distribution
- Overhead Liebert XDV units
- Zoned climate control
- Hot aisle/cold aisle configuration
Security and Compliance:
- Monitoring with HD security cams
- Activity is stored for 30 days
- Audited yearly for SOC2 Type2 compliance
- Security staff on-site 24x7x365
- Dual layered physical access control
- Physical man-trap controls all entries and exits
- Card access system with photo ID