Switch will acquire Data Foundry for $420m in an all-cash transaction. The acquisition is expected to close by mid-2021 if it meets all customary closing conditions. Data Foundry has three highly connected data centers in Austin with an expansion capability of up to 44 MW. It also has one data...
Company: Data Foundry
Country: United States
Region: North America
Short Code: Houston 2
|Current||Under Construction||Potential Expansion||Total at Full Buildout|
|Gross SqFt:||250,000 (est)||27,000||277,000 (est)|
Data Foundry's Houston 2 site their largest purpose-built data center and is situated on 18 acres in North Houston.
- Houston 2’s power design is 100% concurrently maintainable.
- Dual underground, concrete-encased utility feeds
- Closed-transition Automatic Transfer Switch (ATS)
- Fault tolerance and concurrent maintainability for single and dual-corded loads
- 1500 kW PowerWare 9395 UPS lineups per power train
- N+1 to 2N redundancy available
- Multiple 2.25 MW Cummins diesel engine-generators
- 40,000 gallons of fuel on site
- Houston 2's concurrently maintainable chilled water cooling system is ideal for High Performance Computing (HPC), supporting 50 kW cabinets and blade server environments.
- 550-ton VFD York chillers with fast restart
- N+1 redundancy
- 2800 CFM chilled water Computer Room Air Handlers (CRAHs)
- N+20% redundancy
- Built above the 500-year flood plain
- 12 minutes from George Bush Intercontinental Airport
- A multitude of hotels and restaurants within a 1-mile radius
- Located in an area of dense fiber-optic connectivity
- Independent power grid