Data Foundry has announced that new data hall is under construction. The new space will offer 27,000 square feet of white floor space and 4MW of capacity. The Houston 2 campus sits above the 500-year floodplain and is rated for 185mph winds, making relativity safer if/when a another hurricane ...
Company: Data Foundry
Country: United States
Region: North America
Short Code: Houston 2
|Current||Under Construction||Potential Expansion||Total at Full Buildout|
|Gross SqFt:||250,000 (est)||27,000||277,000 (est)|
Data Foundry's Houston 2 site their largest purpose-built data center and is situated on 18 acres in North Houston.
- Houston 2’s power design is 100% concurrently maintainable.
- Dual underground, concrete-encased utility feeds
- Closed-transition Automatic Transfer Switch (ATS)
- Fault tolerance and concurrent maintainability for single and dual-corded loads
- 1500 kW PowerWare 9395 UPS lineups per power train
- N+1 to 2N redundancy available
- Multiple 2.25 MW Cummins diesel engine-generators
- 40,000 gallons of fuel on site
- Houston 2's concurrently maintainable chilled water cooling system is ideal for High Performance Computing (HPC), supporting 50 kW cabinets and blade server environments.
- 550-ton VFD York chillers with fast restart
- N+1 redundancy
- 2800 CFM chilled water Computer Room Air Handlers (CRAHs)
- N+20% redundancy
- Built above the 500-year flood plain
- 12 minutes from George Bush Intercontinental Airport
- A multitude of hotels and restaurants within a 1-mile radius
- Located in an area of dense fiber-optic connectivity
- Independent power grid