Company: Morlin Management
Metro: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Region: North America
Address: 1200 West 7th Street, Los Angeles, CA 90017
Total Building SqFt: 733,000
Total Office SqFt: 450,000
Gross SqFt: 282,000
West 7 Center, as the building is now called, is one of the largest mixed use office and telecommunications buildings in greater Los Angeles.
The building's twelve stories include nine stories above grade used for general office space, and three floors of telecommunications, data centers and the building's central plant below grade. There are over 30 tenants at the Garland Center.
- Constructed in 1983 as an operations center for First Interstate Bank, the Garland Center sits just west of the 110 Freeway in City West.
- Rising Realty Partners acquired the building in 2016 for $210 million. The building was renamed "West 7 Center" after it was acquired.
West 7 Center Amenities:
- 24 x 7 on-site engineering & security
- Abundant covered parking on site
- ATM Machines
- Cafeteria and gift shop
- 112 seat Auditorium
- Patio seating area
- Thirteen (13) passenger elevators + two (2) freight elevators
The 2006 MySpace Outage
MySpace's prolonged outage in July of 2006 was caused by a power failure at 1200 W 7th. A heat wave caused utility blackout and the UPS infrastructure at the building failed. Source: NBC News