Metro: New York
State: New York State
Country: United States
Region: North America
Address: 85 10th Avenue, New York, NY 10111 (7th Floor)
Total Building SqFt: 635,000
Gross SqFt: 60,000
Total Power: 2.5 Megawatts
Ownership: Telehouse does not own the building.
The Telehouse Chelsea datacenter at 85 10th Ave was opened in 2011 and was previously a Lehman Brothers facility. The building is the closest datacenter to 111 8th without actually being in 111 8th.
The 11-story full-block structure from 10th to 11th Avenue and 15th to 16th Street. 85 Tenth Avenue is a 635,000-square-foot, located on the border of West Chelsea and the Meatpacking District.
85 10th Peering Exchanges and Connectivity:
- NYIIX available (Telehouse operated)
- DE-CIX New York
Telehouse is operated as a carrier neutral hotel and continues to win more networks in its site. The following networks have announced deployments at 85 10th Ave:
- GTT Communications
- Hurricane Electric
- Axiom Fiber Networks
- Atlantic Metro Communications (Source)
- Cleareon Fiber Networks
85 10th Building History:
- Built in 1913 as a Nabisco factory. The first Oreo cookies were baked in the building. It was built on landfill -- the timbers, chain and anchor of a two-masted schooner were found during excavation. Source: NYT
- 1998, Bought and sold by Level3 Communications
- 2005 Somerset Partners acquired the building for $300m
- 2007, Related Companies & Vornado Realty Trust bought the building for $450m and currently own the building
- In 2014, Google signed a lease for 180,000 sqft of office space. Google has expansion options that could over the next 10 years, give it full occupancy of the property.
- in 2015 once the federal government's lease ended. Google leases over 750,000sqft between 111 8th, 85 10th, and Chelsea Market.
- SSAE 15 Certified
- 18-inch raised floor throughout
- 12 Foot Ceilings (8.85 ft. above raised floor)
- Rooftop antenna access
- Maximum floor load of 143.4 lb/sq. ft.
- Overhead power and communications cable route
- Current PUE level at 1.69
- Customer staging rooms available with storage space
- 11 Story building with 56,000-sq.ft. floor plates