NTT Docomo announced on September 26, 2023, that it has agreed with JTowers on a deal to share its current telecommunication tower infrastructure. This agreement enables an ownership transfer of an additional 1,552 Docomo towers to JTower for 17 billion yen ($114 million). This comes after Doc...
Region: Western Europe
Total Power: ??? NN
The site was opened in June 2011, is located in Rümlang near Zurich. The building, consisting of two parts, has about 7,000 sqm of high-availability data center space in the first building. The building has also obtained LEED Platinum Pre-Certification from the US Green Building Council.
The site was formerly known as "e-shelter Zurich"
- Two independent feeds on the medium voltage level 16 kV
- Two separate UPS systems (A- and B-supply)
- Redundant emergency power system with diesel generators
- Monitoring by e-shelter own 24/7 Security Command and Control Center with security personnel from e-shelter security on-site
- Standardized security processes and the 7-level security system secure the tenant areas and technical operations
- Access control via non-contact chip and PIN or optional biometrics signature
- Secured perimeter zones with electronically monitored security fencing system, incorporating anti-climb and anti-tunneling protection
- Carrier-mix from global Tier 1 supplier to local supplier
- Direct, redundant connection to SWISSIX
- Via several partners direct connection to international internet exchanges
- Cross-Connects are realized via dedicated, redundant designed pipelines
- Datacenter Connects between the data center Zurich and e-shelter locations, e.g. Campus Frankfurt 1 and Frankfurt 3; on request as well to commercial third-party data centers