NTT has announced plans for a sixth data center in Cyberjaya, Malaysia, which according to Malaysian Transport Minister Datuk Seri Wee Ka Siong, is being built to accommodate its “expanding business in the region. Siong said in a Facebook post, “It’s also very encouraging to note that the pla...
Region: Western Europe
Total Power: ??? NN
The site was opened in June 2011, is located in Rümlang near Zurich. The building, consisting of two parts, has about 7,000 sqm of high-availability data center space in the first building. The building has also obtained LEED Platinum Pre-Certification from the US Green Building Council.
The site was formerly known as "e-shelter Zurich"
- Two independent feeds on the medium voltage level 16 kV
- Two separate UPS systems (A- and B-supply)
- Redundant emergency power system with diesel generators
- Monitoring by e-shelter own 24/7 Security Command and Control Center with security personnel from e-shelter security on-site
- Standardized security processes and the 7-level security system secure the tenant areas and technical operations
- Access control via non-contact chip and PIN or optional biometrics signature
- Secured perimeter zones with electronically monitored security fencing system, incorporating anti-climb and anti-tunneling protection
- Carrier-mix from global Tier 1 supplier to local supplier
- Direct, redundant connection to SWISSIX
- Via several partners direct connection to international internet exchanges
- Cross-Connects are realized via dedicated, redundant designed pipelines
- Datacenter Connects between the data center Zurich and e-shelter locations, e.g. Campus Frankfurt 1 and Frankfurt 3; on request as well to commercial third-party data centers