Switch will acquire Data Foundry for $420m in an all-cash transaction. The acquisition is expected to close by mid-2021 if it meets all customary closing conditions. Data Foundry has three highly connected data centers in Austin with an expansion capability of up to 44 MW. It also has one data...
Company: Data Foundry
Country: United States
Region: North America
Short Code: Texas 1 and Texas 2
Gross SqFt: 275,000
Usable SqFt: 110,000
Total Power: ??? NN
Built in 2011, Texas 1 resides on the Data Ranch - a 40-acre campus with space for up to 1 million square feet of data center. Features of the Data Ranch include a 100-megawatt capable campus with end-to-end underground power feeds from diverse substations, dual diverse entry points for power, network and water.
Phase 1 of the Texas 2 site was opened in 2018.
- 40-acre (160,000 m2) campus
- Space for up to 1,000,000 square feet (93,000 m2) of data center
- Redundant power, water and fiber feeds
- Ability to deliver over 100 megawatts of power to the campus
- Campus independently fed by two separate 400-megawatt substations
- The property also features feeds from two independent water utility sources, with a 48-inch main source located 12 feet underground, and redundant network carrier entry points.
|Site||Building SqFt||Usable SqFt||Power MW|