Vantage announced the completion of an 8-megawatt concrete shell in Winterthur, Switzerland which is Northeast of Zurich. The facility is Vantage's first greenfield EU hyperscale building that will be delivered as part of an aggressive $2 billion EU expansion announced in February 2020. At fu...
Company: Vantage Data Centers
Region: Western Europe
Located in Winterthur just 25 kilometers northeast of downtown Zurich, the Switzerland data center campus will sit on more than 7 acres (3 hectares), one of the largest plots of available data center land in the Canton of Zurich. Once fully developed, the 400,000 sq. ft. (37,000 sq. m.) campus will be comprised of four state-of-the-art data centers—two three-story and two four-story—offering a combined 40MW of critical IT load. The first phase, scheduled for delivery in 2021, will include 8MW of IT capacity in two data modules.
- 7-acre (3 hectares) campus
- 40MW of critical IT load
- Four planned, multi-story data centers
- 130,000 sq. ft. (12,000 sq. m.) of leasable data center space
- 300W/sq. ft. (3.2kW/sq. m.) average density
- Numerous green initiatives to maximize sustainability such as advanced heat recovery and solar facades
- Class A building amenities including office, conference rooms break rooms and more