Telehouse has room to expand further at the site and says it is likely to build another facility of a similar size (9,000 square meters of technical space) and retrofit an older building currently sitting dormant on the land, or demolish it and build afresh, in future. Such plans will bring the total facility count at the site to five, with two smaller facilities operational alongside Telehouse A-North, which was originally built by Databurg, the company Telehouse acquired in 2012.
Access to power can be a struggle in the Frankfurt market, but Telehouse struck a deal with local provider Mainova in 2012 where in return for access to free land, the provider built a 110kV substation on campus in late 2016. All Telehouse builds on campus will connect into the new substation.
• Power to rack up to 8kW with higher scalable options
• N+1 redundant UPS-supported supplies with battery backup
• Up to 21MVA uninterruptible emergency power
• Sub-distribution according to customer specifications with separate power supply meterings
• The data centre can be kept fully operational for three days in the event of a power failure through diesel generators