Data4 has announced that it has raised €620 million ($737.5 million) in debt financing, which will allow it to overcome new digital challenges and execute its 2024 growth plan. The financing, secured from three banks - Deutsche Bank, Société Générale and SMBC, means the company now has access ...
Company: DATA4 Group
Region: Western Europe
|Current||Under Construction||Potential Expansion||Total at Full Buildout|
|Gross SqFt:||220,000 (est)||220,000 (est)|
|Power (MW):||30.00 (est)||75.00||105.00 (est)|
The DATA4 Paris-Saclay site is a large campus consisting of 9 individual data center buildings. The campus can be expanded to support a total of 25 buildings and 100 megawatts. The campus opened in 2007 and was previously a Alcatel Lucent research facility.
- 9 Data Centers
- Capacity for 16 additional buildings
- Power for the site is supplied by the Villejust electricity substation, which is one of the most powerful in Europe, with two underground high-voltage lines of 90,000 V each
- High security, with 24/7 CCTV monitoring
- Interconnection to over 70 telecom operators / Direct access to more than 145 public Cloud platforms
- Proximity to the Paris-Saclay ecosystem (Top 8 of worldwide clusters – MIT ranking)
- A pleasant working environment for your staff: “living” areas, relaxation areas, offices and sporting facilities
- An environmentally responsible approach to promote biodiversity by preserving 70 hectares of listed woodland, including beehives and the production of several dozen kilos of honey each year
DATA4 supports use of Renewable Energy throughout its sites. 100% of its electricity consumption is produced from Renewable Energy (hydraulic and wind).
In addition, for each MWh consumed, the French electric utility company EDF donates one Euro to renewable energy R&D in France.
The Paris-Saclay campus is located in Marcoussis, less than 20 minutes from an international airport (ORLY) and an RER-TGV connecting train station (Massy), as well as being 30 minutes by car from the centre of Paris (via the A6 or N118).