Cologix and CIM Group have entered a Joint Venture (JV), which will see them develop, construct and operate a new data center located in Markham, near downtown Toronto. The facility, namely TOR4, will be a 50K SQFT purpose-built data center.The new build will have a capacity of 15 MW and will...
Site is located within: 511 Building - Minnesota Technology Center building
Metro: Minneapolis St Paul
Country: United States
Region: North America
Short Code: MIN1
Total Power: ??? NN
Ownership: Cologix does not own the building.
Cologix's Three Data Centers in 511 Carrier Hotel
- Cologix's Minnesota's 3 data centers are located within the 511 carrier hotel. The 511 11th Avenue Building, located across the street from the Metrodome (home of the Minnesota Vikings) was under threat of being torn down to make room for a new stadium, but the building was saved. 
- MIN1 is the Building's MMR
- In Aug 2020, Cologix acquired vXchnge's data center in the 511 Building. vXchnge acquired the site from SunGard in 2015.
MIN1, MIN2, MIN3 Breakdown:
|MIN1||9,500||May 2012 |
|MIN2||7,500||Jan 2014 |
|MIN3||28,000||March 2015 |
|MIN4||16,000||August 2020 |
DEED Sales Tax Incentive Program
Cologix's MIN3 data center has qualified for Minnesota’s Department of Employment and Economic Development’s (DEED) sales tax incentive program, which oers tax rebates for certain new data centers and their end customers. Any new equipment or software, that you purchase in Minneapolis to deploy in Cologix’s MIN3 data center, would be qualied for a tax rebate for the state/municipal sales tax rebate (7.75%).
1. MPR Article Feb 3, 2012
2. Biz Jornal Article May 16, 2012
3. Data Center Knowledge Article Jan 8, 2014
4. Data Center Knowledge Article March 5, 2015
5. Coglix acquires vXchnge Data Center August 20, 2020