Equinix and PGIM Real Estate have formed a new $575 million joint venture with an aim to develop hyperscale data centers in Sydney, Australia. PGIM is the real estate investment and financing division of Prudential Financial. The facilities the companies will be developing under this JV are SY...
Sydney Australia is one of the 4 major data center hub markets in the Asia Pacific region, behind Tokyo, Singapore, and Hong Kong.
Top Sydney Colocation Providers:
- Equinix dominates Sydney data center market with 6 sites.
- The Equinix Sydney downtown campus of SY1, SY2, SY3, and SY4 are network dense and have become the primary Peering Exchange Point in Sydney.
- Equinix SY6 & SY7 were acquired in the Metronode acquisition
- Global Switch Sydney Data Centre campus is massive and also carrier dense.
- NEXTDC S1 & S2 in Macquarie Park are a good alternative to the downtown ecosystem.
- AirTrunk offers a new wholesale option in Huntingwood west of the city