Equinix has completed it's acquisition of 13 Bell Canada's data centers. The acquisition was first announced in June 2020. Bell had operated the facilities under the Q9 brand. It partially acquired Q9 in 2012 for $1.1 billion and in 2016 it acquired the remainder for $675 million. This deal ...
Sydney Australia is one of the 4 major data center hub markets in the Asia Pacific region, behind Tokyo, Singapore, and Hong Kong.
Top Sydney Colocation Providers:
- Equinix dominates Sydney data center market with 6 sites.
- The Equinix Sydney downtown campus of SY1, SY2, SY3, and SY4 are network dense and have become the primary Peering Exchange Point in Sydney.
- Equinix SY6 & SY7 were acquired in the Metronode acquisition
- Global Switch Sydney Data Centre campus is massive and also carrier dense.
- NEXTDC S1 & S2 in Macquarie Park are a good alternative to the downtown ecosystem.
- AirTrunk offers a new wholesale option in Huntingwood west of the city