Digital Realty Trust has closed its acquisition of Interxion. Interxion was one of the largest independent colocation providers in Europe. It was a smart pick up by Digital. The Interxion portfolio includes many densely interconnected buildings which will include Frankfurt, Madrid, Vienna, Ams...
Company: Digital Realty Trust
Metro: San Francisco Bay Area
Country: United States
Region: North America
Short Code: SFR2
Address: 365 Main Street, San Francisco, CA 94105
Gross SqFt: 226,981
Usable SqFt: 90,000
Total Power: 15.0 Megawatts
Digital Reality's 365 Main datacenter is the second best-connected building in San Francisco, after 200 Paul. Originally built as a military tank assembly plant, Digital Realty’s data center at 365 Main Street has a solid steel and concrete construction, extensive security capabilities
365 Main History:
- 2010: Digital Realty acquired this site and the rest of the 365 Main portfolio for $725 Million
- 2003: 365 Main acquired the data center for $2.6 million in a court-approved deal.
- 2001: AboveNet constructed the datacenter for $125 million, which includes $30 million seismic retrofit.
- Peering Exchanges SFMIX and AMS-IX are on site
- 6 stories (Top = Mechanical Penthouse. Bottom = Garage)
- Four (4) tenant floors between the garage and mechanical penthouse
- Flood Zone: Zone X (Unshaded): Outside 500-year floodplain
- Seismic: Zone 4
- The building earned an “essential facility” designation thanks to an award-winning friction pendulum system upgrade which isolates the base of the building from its floors, ensuring critical operations are maintained during and after a major seismic event.
- Utility Power Capacity: 15,000 (kW)
- UPS Power Capacity: 8,600 (kW)
- UPS Redundancy: N+2 - (8) Primary, (2) Redundant
- Generator Redundancy: N+2 - (8) Primary, (2) Redundant
- DC Power is available