Digital Realty is looking to develop its fourth facility in Atlanta, Georgia. The company applied with the city of Atlanta to develop the data center opposite its 56 Marietta Street data center. Digital Realty is looking to build a 10-story building data center with a total floor area of 300,0...
Company: Digital Realty Trust
Metro: San Francisco Bay Area
Country: United States
Region: North America
Short Code: SFR2
Usable SqFt: 90,000
Total Power: ??? NN
Digital Reality's 365 Main datacenter is the second best-connected building in San Francisco, after 200 Paul. Originally built as a military tank assembly plant, Digital Realty’s data center at 365 Main Street has a solid steel and concrete construction, extensive security capabilities
365 Main History:
- 2010: Digital Realty acquired this site and the rest of the 365 Main portfolio for $725 Million
- 2003: 365 Main acquired the data center for $2.6 million in a court-approved deal.
- 2001: AboveNet constructed the datacenter for $125 million, which includes $30 million seismic retrofit.
- Peering Exchanges SFMIX and AMS-IX are on site
- 6 stories (Top = Mechanical Penthouse. Bottom = Garage)
- Four (4) tenant floors between the garage and mechanical penthouse
- Flood Zone: Zone X (Unshaded): Outside 500-year floodplain
- Seismic: Zone 4
- The building earned an “essential facility” designation thanks to an award-winning friction pendulum system upgrade which isolates the base of the building from its floors, ensuring critical operations are maintained during and after a major seismic event.
- Utility Power Capacity: 15,000 (kW)
- UPS Power Capacity: 8,600 (kW)
- UPS Redundancy: N+2 - (8) Primary, (2) Redundant
- Generator Redundancy: N+2 - (8) Primary, (2) Redundant
- DC Power is available