Prime Data Centers has revealed that it wants to build a new data center campus in Elk Grove, Illinois. The data center company says it has plans to invest up to $1 billion in developing a 150MW, 750,000 square feet campus that features three three-story facilities. The facility will be sited ...
Company: Prime Data Centers
Country: United States
Region: North America
Gross SqFt: 66,000
Usable SqFt: 40,000
Total Power: 6.0 Megawatts
Ownership: Prime Data Centers owns the building.
Located within Building One, the single-story structure was completed in 2019. The data center comes with a usable floor space of around 40,000 sq ft (3,700 sq m) and is designed for a cabinet density up to 35kW.
The center is also the first of several approved facilities on the 38-acre (16,500 sq ft) campus to be finished and available for Prime's clients. It plans to build 20MW, 30MW, and 50MW facilities in phases.
A dedicated 50MVA sub-station is on-site, and Prime says it has the ability to add another 100MVA.
The Prime data center campus is located on 38 acres in the McClellan Park. Prime received $1.2 million in tax credits from a committee of the Governor’s Office of Business and Economic Development.
- Provider: SMUD; natural gas “peaker” <1 mi.
- Feeds: (2) 69kV; fed from Elverta & Hurley
- Substation: Dedicated and On-site
- Utility: 45MW currently, 90+MW capacity
- UPS Capacity: 6MW
- UPS Type: VRLA Battery
- UPS Redundancy: N+1
- Backup Power Generation: 9MW
- Generator Redundancy: N+1
- Fuel Storage: 24 hours; 5,000 gallon belly tank
- Diesel Re-fuel Station Proximity: <1 mile
- A+B Feeds on UPS: Yes
- Power Meter Location: @PDU
- Cabinet Densities: up to 24kW
- PDU Redundancy: N+1
- Design P.U.E.: ~1.2