Facebook has announced that its data center in Eagle Mountain, Utah is now up and running. Although officially serving traffic, the site is still under construction, with a view to span to 1.5 million square feet (140,000 sq m). At the peak of construction, the site employed a total of 1,250 ...
Metro: Des Moines
Country: United States
Region: North America
Total Power: 117.0 Megawatts
Facebook first announced its plans to build a data center in Altoona in 2013. Since then, the company has invested nearly $1.5 billion to develop the campus and has increased its footprint to 2.5 million square feet of building space. The Altoona data center campus runs entirely on renewable power (wind).
The Facebook data center campus in Altoona has four buildings.
- Phase 1: 476,000 square-foot, $300 million facility built in 2014
- Phase 2: 468,000 square feet
- Phase 3: 496,000 square feet
- Phase 4: The fourth building will be a 'cold storage' facility. SqFt TBD.
- Phase 5: Announced in 2019, plans to invest $400 million on a 5th H shaped building