Verizon Media announced that it will build a $28 million data center expansion to the legacy Yahoo facility in Lockport NY. If you include the server equipment Verizon Media is investing approximately $241 million. In January, Verizon announced it was jettisoning the Oath name and will rebran...
Site: Yahoo Lockport NY
Company: Verizon Media (Yahoo)
State: New York State
Country: United States
Region: North America
Gross SqFt: 150,000
Total Power: 25.0 Megawatts
- 2010: Construction started
- As of 2014 the critical power load was 18 MWs.
- In 2015, Yahoo expanded the site by an additional 7 MW. The expansion cost a total of $168 million.
- In June 2017, Verizon acquired Yahoo and rebranded the company as Oath.
- In August 2018, Oath announced a $32 million expansion.
- In March 2019, Verizon Media announced that it will build a $28 million expansion. If you include the server equipment the additional investment is $241 million. That brings the total investment in the Lockport campus to over $500 million. (Source: Buffalo News)