Opened in June 2015, the is situated in the South-West of the Vienna city center in the tenth district, Favoriten, approx. 6 km distance to Vienna city center and approx. 20 km distance to the Vienna International Airport.
On a nearly 29,000 sqm property approx. 24,000 sqm of gross floor space altogether 8,400 sqm data center space are being created in three building stages.
The building is a dedicated new data center building and offers on the first construction stage approx. 2,800 sqm data center space. Two further building stages will be developed at a later date. Aditionally, the data center Vienna offers 1,000 sqm well equipped office and conference space as well as a large reception and meeting area which may be used for events.
- Electric power capacity 20 MW
- UPS at medium voltage level 10 kV from two substations from two separate feeds
- The critical power supply is designed as a dual power supply with uninterrupted A- and B-power supply
- Connection to the 24/7 Security Command and Control Center (SCC) of e-shelter security GmbH
- Central access control with a personal control system
- Intruder alarm system and video surveillance to perimeter protection and building surveillance of the access door and corridor up to the leased units
- Carrier-mix from global Tier 1 supplier to local supplier
- Direct, redundant connection to VIX
- Via several partners direct connection to international internet exchanges
- Cross-Connects are realized via dedicated, redundant designed pipelines
- Datacenter Connects between the data center Vienna and e-shelter locations, e.g. Campus Frankfurt 1 and Frankfurt 3; on request as well to commercial third-party data centers