Equinix has promised that it would reduce its emissions by 50% before 2030. It would also be reducing emissions created by its electricity supply by 50% before 2030. This promise comes few days after Greenpeace criticized the Company for not having trustworthy timelines on the use of renewable...
Metro: Bogotá, D.C.
Region: South America
Region: Latin America
Short Code: BG1
Total Power: 1.15 Megawatts
Equinix acquired BG1 as well as 28 other datacenters from Verizon in 2017. It was formerly named Verizon BOG1 Bogotá NAP De Las Americas.
- Redundant Power: Two redundant power feeds of 13.8 KV from Zona Franca electrical substation
- Diesel Generators: Five in hot standby configuration powering 4.0 MVA
- Uninterrupted Power Supply: Twelve UPS 2x120 KVA redundant totaling 1.44 MVA
- DC Power Plants: Two for a total of 1,200 amps–48 volts
- Customer Electrical AC Circuits in Increments of 10 Amps—10, 20, 30, 40, and 50 Amps Circuits and CPS-Backed Power: Yes
- Customer Electrical DC Circuits in Increments of 5 Amps—5–20 Amps—48 Volts DC Circuit and A&B feed: Yes
- Cooling Units: 12 with environmental precision-control systems