Equinix has completed it's acquisition of 13 Bell Canada's data centers. The acquisition was first announced in June 2020. Bell had operated the facilities under the Q9 brand. It partially acquired Q9 in 2012 for $1.1 billion and in 2016 it acquired the remainder for $675 million. This deal ...
Metro: Bogotá, D.C.
Region: South America
Region: Latin America
Short Code: BG1
Total Power: 1.15 Megawatts
Equinix acquired BG1 as well as 28 other datacenters from Verizon in 2017. It was formerly named Verizon BOG1 Bogotá NAP De Las Americas.
- Redundant Power: Two redundant power feeds of 13.8 KV from Zona Franca electrical substation
- Diesel Generators: Five in hot standby configuration powering 4.0 MVA
- Uninterrupted Power Supply: Twelve UPS 2x120 KVA redundant totaling 1.44 MVA
- DC Power Plants: Two for a total of 1,200 amps–48 volts
- Customer Electrical AC Circuits in Increments of 10 Amps—10, 20, 30, 40, and 50 Amps Circuits and CPS-Backed Power: Yes
- Customer Electrical DC Circuits in Increments of 5 Amps—5–20 Amps—48 Volts DC Circuit and A&B feed: Yes
- Cooling Units: 12 with environmental precision-control systems