AMS-IX announced today that it has expanded its Caribbean Internet Exchange to a second data center in Curacao. Customers of the Blue NAP Americas can now connect directly to the IXP. Curaçao is a small island in the Southern Caribbean and without a doubt a niche Interconnection market, but no...
Company: Dataplanet NV
Region: Central America
Region: Latin America
Address: Kaya Seru di Mahuma, Willemstad, Curaçao
Total Building SqFt: 55,000
Usable SqFt: 10,000
Total Power: 5.0 Megawatts
The data center features 10,000 sq ft (929 sq m) of white space, has a roof slope design built to handle rainwater in excess of 100-year storm intensity, and is designed to withstand a Category 5 hurricane. The structure has approximately 12 million pounds of concrete roof ballast.
- Space: 55,000 sq. ft. building, 10,000 sq. ft. Whitespace
- Infrastructure: Tier-IV Facility with 2N+1 configuration for all critical resources; surrounded by anti-climb walls designed to prevent large vehicles from breaking on to the property.
- Altitude: Equipment Floors 60 meters (197 feet) above sea level
- Roof Slope Design: Drains rainwater in excess of 100-year storm intensity with a pitch to channel water via gravity to ponds and channels surrounding the property.
- Hurricane Endurance: Category 5 hurricane resistance with approximately 12 million pounds of concrete roof ballast. State-of-the-art lightning prevention system has also been installed.
- Exterior Panels: Window-less 8” thick solid concrete Location: Approximately 65 kilometers (40 miles) north of the Venezuelan coast; geographically positioned outside the traditional hurricane belt and major seismic zones.
- Power: Dual independent fully redundant 5 MW power plants. Commercial power feeds and backup power is provided through Continuous Power Systems (CPS). Generator capacity has been designed to accommodate the power draw of a fully loaded data center indefinitely— with 14 days re-fueling intervals.
- Cooling: Chilled Water Cooling system with dual independent cooling paths fully automated with advanced leak detection system
- Smoke and Heat Sensors: Electronic detection systems for managing and monitoring environmental systems with over 100 passive infrared heat sensors and pan-tilt-zoom IP high-resolution cameras throughout the property. Fire Suppression System: A cutting-edge early fire detection and suppression systems that limits the potential for damage in the event of a fire. It consists of multi-zoned, dry-pipe system which holds water outside of the building until a fire is verified, helping to prevent accidental draining of water into equipment areas.