ST Telemedia Global Data Centres (STT GDC): STT GDC Will Make a $242m Investment in a Pair of Data Centers in Pune, India

Jun 01, 2023 | Posted by Abdul-Rahman Oladimeji

STT GDC is adding two new data centers to its Pune, India campus. The company intends to invest $241.9 million in the expansion, which will add 40MW to the campus' total capacity of 80MW across five buildings. 

The new data centers are anticipated to go live in phases over the next 12 to 24 months. Sumit Mukhija, chief executive officer of STT GDC India, told the Economic Times that in the future, more capacity will be added to meet market demand. Mukhija stated that the Pune campus of STT GDC is the only one in the country to have 100MVA power entering a 220kV substation. He also noted that the campus can be expanded to 200MVA and 140MW of IT capacity.

The campus leases its land from Tata Communications. STT GDC acquired 74% of Tata's India and Singapore data center operations in 2016 and the remainder of 26% in 2019. The two new data centers will occupy a total of 650,000 square feet. The lease itself will span over 20 years, with STT GDC paying a total of $38 million in leases, with the payments growing by 10% every three years.

According to STT GDC's website, the company manages 21 data centers in India with a combined IT load of over 220MW.

{{ commentCount }} Comments