Metro: San Francisco Bay Area
Country: United States
Region: North America
Address: 1150 Walsh Ave, Santa Clara, CA 95050
|Current||Under Construction||Potential Expansion||Total at Full Buildout|
The site is currently preleasing and will be available in early 2020.
- 160,000 sq. ft., four-story data center built on a 3.3 acre site
- 16MW of critical IT load with two 5MW and one 6MW dedicated vaults
- 64,000 sq. ft. of customizable data floor space
- Located in Santa Clara, less than four miles from airport and two miles from major roadways
- Diverse utility power feeds for superior redundancy
- Carrier neutral facility with many Tier 1 carriers and direct access to top cloud providers, content networks, and other data centers
- Industry-leading compliance and safety procedures
- Anti-climb perimeter fence and multi-factor authentication
- 24x7 in-house security staff, shipping and receiving
Seismic Stability System
A compelling structural attribute of RagingWire’s SV1 Data Center is its seismic stability system that reduces shocks from earthquakes. This state-of-the-art design utilizes a base isolation system that incorporates a combination of subterranean pendulum isolation and viscous dampers, triple-friction pendulum pedestals, and a pile foundation with 60-foot piles into the ground, to protect the building and everything inside it.
The same base isolation system was used by RagingWire’s parent company, NTT Communications, to save its data centers in Tokyo, Japan from damage during a 9.1-magnitude earthquake and tsunami in 2011. That event became the costliest natural disaster in history, causing approximately $235 billion of damage, but the NTT Com’s data centers protected with this system were unharmed.