Equinix is the latest company in the industry to trial hydrogen fuel cells as a power source for data centers. The company will be working in partnership with the Centre for Energy Research & Technology (CERT) under the National University of Singapore's (NUS) College of Design and Engine...
Metro: Ashburn: Data Center Alley
Metro: Northern Virginia
Country: United States
Region: North America
Gross SqFt: 57,803
Ownership: Equinix owns the building.
Equinix's DC12 site is logically part of Equinix Ashburn Campus but the building is physically separate and 0.6 miles away.
The $98.5 million building is 183,000 sqft. At full buildout, there will be 114,500 sqft of data center space.
Power and Cooling:
The cooling system was through exterior IDEC units located in a 34,000 sqft 2-level yard with the equipment situated both at grade and atop an elevated mechanical platform to provide direct air cooling into the Data Hall.
- Average Power and Cooling Density: 5.0 - 7.0 kVA per cabinet
- UPS Configuration: Block redundant
- UPS Redundancy N+1
- Standby Power Configuration: 4 x 3,000 kW diesel generators
- Standby Power Redundancy N+1
- Cooling Configuration: High-efficiency indirect evaporative cooling (IDEC) units with indirect airside economizers
- Cooling Redundancy: N+1