Frankfurt has proposed a development plan to regulate data centers in the area. The plan, it says, will prevent the “uncontrolled growth” of data centers. The city is the hub of the data center industry in Germany, and one of the four largest hubs in Europe, taking up 64 hectares (640,000 sqm...
Country: Germany / Deutschland
Region: Western Europe
Total Power: 90.0 Megawatts
e-shelter Frankfurt 3 Campus is located in the business park "Blauer See" in Rüsselsheim. The site was opened at the end of 2015 and now has two buildings. Each building is 4,400 m² of computer center space, an office and reception building and a separate area for emergency workstations.
- Power supply at 110 kV level from two substations from two separate feeds as well as additional supply by second provider at 20 kV level
- Own substation with two 110/20 kV transformers n+1
- Two separate UPS systems (A- and B-supply) and redundant emergency power system with diesel generators
- Monitoring by e-shelter own 24/7 Security Command and Control Center with security personnel from e-shelter security on-site
- Standardized security processes and the 7-level security system secure the tenant areas and technical operations
- Access control via non-contact chip and PIN or optional biometrics signature
- Secured perimeter zones with electronically monitored security fencing system, incorporating anti-climb and anti-tunneling protection
- Carrier-mix from global Tier 1 supplier to local supplier
- Via our partner IX Reach direct connection to international internet exchanges
- Cross-Connects are realized via dedicated, redundant designed pipelines
- Datacenter Connects between e-shelter data center Frankfurt 3 and other e-shelter locations, e.g. Campus Frankfurt 1 and Berlin; on request as well to commercial third-party data centers in the Rhein-Main area