Databank has announced that it is breaking ground on a new facility in Ashburn, Northern Virginia. This data center, IAD3, will initially have a capacity of 4MW of capacity expandable to 40MW and will span 200,000 sq ft (18,600 sqm). According to the company, the facility will be ready for ser...
Metro: Ashburn: Data Center Alley
Metro: Northern Virginia
Country: United States
Region: North America
Short Code: NV1
Usable SqFt: 42,000
Total Power: 10.13 Megawatts
- In December 2020, Databank acquired the site from Zayo.
- In February 2015, Zayo (zColo) acquired the site from Latisys.
- Potential to expand site up to 40MW
- High-density redundant cooling systems
- N+1 redundant UPS infrastructure to prevent loss of critical power
- Power Density upto 10kW per Cabinet with use of high-velocity vented floor tiles and cold aisle containment
- Monitoring system provides real-time data on equipment operation, enabling easy system management and instant identification of problems
- SOC 2 Type II & SOC 3
- Allied Telecom
- Global Crossing
- Level 3 Communications
- TW Telecom
- XO Communications